- Yes, the 3 Forks basin is off limits.
- 1 pool down is Kerr, 2 pools up is the Port of Catoosa. You may fish any of these 4 pools- Kerr, 3 Forks, Afton, Port.
- No, you DO NOT need to come to 3 Forks on Sunday morning if you are launching elsewhere.
- Your weigh in time is your weigh-in time, not a stop fishing time. You must be checked in by the time assigned to your team on Saturday night.
- Yes, we will take entries on Saturday from Noon until 6 PM at 3 Forks.
- Yes, PayPal will shut off at 5 PM on Saturday. Be sure you enter prior to that time.
- No, you cannot drop off entries at Blackbeard on Saturday.
- Yes, this will be a normal weigh-in. We ask that you social distance as you can, and wear a buff or mask as you weigh your fish. We will have fewer bags out to control the number of people at the tanks…be patient.
We will be having the weigh in under the big shade trees on the West end of the parking lot.
Read up on fish care! Keeping your fish alive is your responsibility.
TRAILERING TO AND BACK (ONE IN, ONE OUT): You can only launch once…you cannot move by land once launched, except to return to weigh-in.
Flight Assignments: (No Boat may not leave their ramp area of choice any earlier than 15 minutes prior to their start time).
Take-off Number Start Fishing Afternoon check-in
1-50 6:00 am 1:00 pm
51-100 6:20 am 1:20 pm
101-150 6:40 am 1:40 pm
151+ 7:00 am 2:00 pm
NO TEAM have any rights to any water prior to designated start time. If two boats from the same start-time arrive at the same spot, neither has priority. You will simply have to share in the fishing spot.
Hot Weather Limit Change- The limit for this event will be 4 fish. It will be your responsibility to keep your fish alive! There may be a line at the weigh tanks, so it is imperative that you keep you fish in your live wells until a bag is available. Ice and frozen plastic containers will be your friend at this event. Read and know the fish care rules posted on the web site.
SUNDAY MORNING: You do not need to come to 3 Forks Harbor. You may drive straight to your boat ramp. You may ask another team to check your live wells.
ALLOWED FISHING AREAS: You may fish only the water of the Arkansas River allowed by law within 2 locks up, or 1 lock down from 3 Forks Harbor. You may only fish water that is assessable from the Arkansas River. Back water that is not assessable from the main river will be off limits. You may not launch from any area that is not open to all competitors to launch.
AFTERNOON BOATS RETURNING BY WATER: Will be checked in at the entrance to 3 Forks Harbor. Boats will be considered checked in once reaching the staff member on the walk way. Let the staff member know your TEAM number.
BOATS OPTING TO TRAILER: (One Time Only), You must be checked in or in line at the entrance to the park by your check in time. XFL staff personnel will direct you to the parking lot. They will ask for your TEAM number (not take off number), so know it! It is most important that we clear the highway. After parking your truck be ready to bag your fish (when bags are available) and immediatelygo to the holding tanks.
POLYGRAPH: You will be asked the following questions (plus others)- 1) Did you leave the ramp earlier than 15 minutes prior? 2) Was your live well empty on launch? 3) Did you fish within the 2 locks up or 1 lock down? 4) Did you start fishing prior to your start fishing time?
We have made the decision to make the Arkansas River event a trailering event due to the heat and barge traffic. More details will be released soon, but it will be one time in, one time out. Weigh in will be a normal weigh in, at 3 Forks Harbor.
XFL Fish Care 101
1. Livewells should be filled early in the morning when surface water is the coolest. You can then periodically add ice, if needed, to maintain the cool water temperature throughout the day. This will increase the oxygen carrying capacity of the water in your livewell and reduce heat stress on the fish. After filling your livewell with cool water add the appropriate amount of G-Juice as outlined on the bottle and turn your aerator on to saturate the water with oxygen prior to catching your first fish. Preparing your livewell prior to takeoff will save you time and preserve the weight of your catch.
Continue reading Fish Care 101- Study it!
2. Never throw fish into the boat as this may cause internal injury. Keep fish off the carpet at all times. Carpet fibers can remove the slime coat on contact, causing unnecessary stress to the fish. Always wet the measuring board before measuring a fish. This will reduce the board temperature and also prevent damage to the slime coat. Never use culling rings or balance beams that puncture fish. Practice procedures for deep hook removal, there are many good articles available online.